Monday, September 10, 2007

Let the Agony Begin

I've been on vacation for a week (bliss!), so apologies for the extended radio silence. But I am back now, and must begin by reporting what all Giants fans by now already know: this is going to be another loooong season. The 45-35 loss to the Cowboys may have done wonders for Jessica's Fantasy Football team, but darn it if it didn't make me wonder if there's some kind of hellish curse hanging over the men in blue.

For the record, by the end of the game no less than 3 starters and 1 primary back-up had been benched due to injury. Among those starters was Eli Manning himself, who apparently has a bruised right shoulder. If you'd asked me at some point last season if I cared weather he was in the game or not, I might have said no--but last night, believe it or not, Eli looked confident; everything, for a moment, was coming together. And then, like *that* (snap), it felt like last year again.

I guess there's still plenty of time left in the season, and maybe Eli and Brandon Jacobs and Osi Umenyiora will be back and better than ever. Miracles happen in other cities, don't they?

No comments: