Friday, March 9, 2007

Republican Hierarchy a Bunch of Hypocrites? Here's Proof.

Not that we need any more of it, but color me stupefied to find out that Newt Gingrich is now admitting that he was having an extramarital affair throughout the entire Clinton impeachment scandal. I wonder: can you only ascend to leadership positions in the Republican party if you promise to be the best rat-bastard you can be? I don't know why I should be so shocked, given this party's propensity for killing people, but somehow this just strikes me as beyond the pale. And Gingrich can argue all he wants about how the impeachment was a means of punishing Clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice, but who can buy that nonsense now? There sat Gingrich and all of his cheating cronies, taking Clinton to task daily for his "moral lassitude"--and it was nothing but a ruse to hide their own moral disorder. I suppose we could have guessed as much but... yuck. This is also a good reminder that your name is your destiny; never trust a man named Newt.

No comments: