Wednesday, March 28, 2007

To Do: Practice Compassion

I'm posting this not only because I love the cause, but because the invite came to me via GirlieGirl Events with one of the quirkiest subject lines I've yet seen: "What do you get when you cross Russell Simmons with Gloria Steinem?" I don't know, but if the event involves watching Moby pound "gourmet vegan hors d’oeuvres and cocktails" (vegan cocktails???) it might be worth checking out.

The Deets
Farm Sanctuary in the City presents a Benefit for Compassion
Saturday, April 7, 2007
8:00 p.m. ~ midnight
at
Jivamukti Yoga School
841 Broadway, 2nd floor, New York, NY

Chaired by Russell Simmons; hosted by Sharon Gannon and David Life. Special Guests include: Moby, Martina Navratilova, Ally Sheedy, Gloria Steinem

Special Performance by Nellie McKay

Tix start at $100. Visit: www.farmsanctuary.org/join/NYC/ for more info.

No comments: