Thursday, May 3, 2007

Philanthropy Rocks

So I got to begin my day this morning with a huge, fun, bang: the 20th annual New York Women's Foundation breakfast. I was invited by my friends Liz and Ingrid, and joined by my friend Susan (all of whom I've mentioned before). The food was what it was, of course, and don't get me started about paying $150 for a plate of fruit ( I know, I know: my money was going to a good cause), but let me tell you: if you ever have a chance to attend one of these NYWF breakfasts, go. Not only because the honorees tend to be great, as do the 2400 other women in the room there to support them, but also because this event, like none of the others I attend on a semi-regular basis, always seems to leave me with a little extra oomph to get me going, get me giving, get me passionate about why supporting women's organizations is so important.

Tomorrow I'll tell you a little more about why this year's event was so special (hint: it has to do with the dedication and generosity of a "Minnie" heiress), but for now, I'll leave it at this: there are more than a few really good--no, great--people in this world... and we all have a chance to join their ranks. Go visit the NYWF and find out how.

No comments: