Friday, May 18, 2007

TO READ: The Impeachment of George W. Bush

You know how sometimes you'll be given a piece of information, and interesting as it might be, it kinda flies out of your head--only to be resurrected days or even weeks later through some odd consequence of fate? Well, this is one of those times.

10 days ago, when I was at the Georgia Rule premiere, a friend of mine mentioned, very late in the evening (and after numerous glasses of wine), that she'd just run into Liz Holtzman in the bathroom. Liz Holtzman, for those of you who don't know, was a congresswoman from NY for many years, and a Brooklyn D.A.--which means that back in the day she was really the shiz-ite.

Anyway, point is, this friend related to me that Holtzman had been talking to her about her newest book, and how she was having trouble getting any press for it. The name of the book really caught me--because who wouldn't love its suggestion to come true? The title: The Impeachment of George W. Bush.


Now you'd think something like that would stay with me, but sadly, I completely forgot about it until today, as I was riding down the elevator at work, thinking about a recent meeting I'd had with another sometime NY politician named Liz, when boom! The Holtzman thing came flying back. So anyway, I did an Amazon search, found the book, and thought I'd recommend a peek at it to all of you.

And in case you're wondering what qualifies Holtzman to categorize and call for the impeachment of the Commander in Chief, just keep in mind she's got professional experience: Holtzman sat on the House Judiciary Committee during the Nixon impeachment. Hard to beat, huh?

No comments: